Well, not much at the moment – we really need to go shopping!
But I made these which, while not quite substantial enough for a meal, are sorting us out while we write our shopping list… and they are so yummy!
Soak the cashews in a little water for an hour, then drain and chop in a blender. You don’t need a high speed blender as the cashews will be quite soft.
Mash the banana and mix all the ingredients together.
Roll the mixture into 12 small balls (tip: use wet hands and sort-of ‘shake’ them into shape rather than roll!) and place onto a teflon sheet on a dehydrator tray.
Bake in the dehydrator for 6-7 hours, turning them over half way.
To turn things over in a dehydrator:
* take the tray out of the dehydrator and place it on the kitchen-side.
* place a fresh dehydrator mesh sheet over the top of the product, then place a tray over the top.
* turn the whole thing over.
* remove the old tray and mesh.
* gently peel back the teflon sheet.
* put the new tray, together with turned product, back into the dehydrator.
The product will dry quicker without the teflon sheet because the air can circulate all round, so removing from the teflon sheet as soon as it is ‘peel-able’ ensures the quickest drying time.
Of course, if you don’t have a dehydrator, you can use a fan oven on fan-only, with the door open ajar.
- Level 2: Day 7 (wendyothomas.wordpress.com)
- Level 2: Day 4 (wendyothomas.wordpress.com)
- My new Excalibur 9-tray dehydrator!! (iusedtobefatter.wordpress.com)
Originally published on www.pollyskitchen.blogspot.com