I’ve run out of spinach!
Luckily, Mr H should be able to pick me some up at work tonight, but meanwhile… what can I put in my green smoothie? (I’ve taken to making sure I get a couple of pints of green smoothie every day because I feel better on it.)
Well, disaster averted because I have some standby Wheatgrass Powder; not as good as the fresh stuff, but not a bad substitute.
Wheatgrass powder is 21% protein, 22% carbohydrate and only 2% fat. It has lots of fibre and also contains plenty of magnesium and zinc, as well as a bit of sodium.
I made this delicious quick smoothie (which didn’t even need straining)
Wheatgrass & Blueberry Super-Smoothie
2 pints Water Kefir (I always have some of this available!)
1 handful Blueberries (I used frozen)
1 dsp Wheatgrass powder
2 tsp Baobab powder
2 dsp Purple Corn flour
1 tsp Coconut oil
Agave nectar to taste
Blend everything together and enjoy
It’s a lovely dark purple colour, so my crown chakra is buzzing now!
- Drink Your Spinach, Dear (themogulmom.com)
- Green smoothie chock full of nutrients (nourishourbody.wordpress.com)
- GREEN + Super Fruit Smoothie W/ Flaxseeds (wildthingsrunfree.com)
- Green smoothie controversy = first world problem? (mojocentral.wordpress.com)
- Not so “Green” Green Smoothie (healthnutnutrition.wordpress.com)
- 10 Easy Ways to Make Green Foods Part of Your Everyday Diet – and Love Them! (karenknowler.typepad.com)
- Peaches and “Cream” Smoothie (burntfrenchtoast.wordpress.com)
- More smoothies???? (lookingyoungisneverlate.wordpress.com)
- Digestive Green Smoothie (therawserenity.wordpress.com)
- My Take on the Green Smoothie (ellepottsie.wordpress.com)