Sometimes something is required upon which one can pile leafy salads, home-made nut cheeses and pates, kimchi and olives.
Some way needs to be found to construct an open sandwich… something bread-y.
When such occasions arise, I solve my dilemma by making this delicious light onion bread:
Food processor (optional) Dehydrator (or fan oven)
2 small onions/ 1 medium
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup water
4 dsp olive oil
Soak the sunflower seeds for a few hours to soften them and release the enzymes.
Chop the onion into tiny pieces. You can use the food processor for this if you prefer. Place the onion in a bowl and set aside.
Blend the sunflower seeds with water and oil to a smooth puree.
Add the sunflower puree to the onion and mix in well.
Add the chia or flax seeds and stir in thoroughly.
Pour the mixture onto a dehydrator sheet (non-stick) and spread it out to about 1/2 inch or 1 cm thickness.
Score into slices (I use a pizza cutter) and dehydrate on 115 degrees Fahrenheit, turning the slices off the non-stick sheet when they are firm enough and continue drying until the onion bread is the right texture (approx 24 hours.)
I usually cut my bread into triangles and get 8 slices out of this mixture. You can scale the ingredients up or down to vary the quantity.
- Raw Diet: Onion Bread and Red Pepper Hummus (todaysbriseis.wordpress.com)
- cinnamon carrot raisin bread (raw) (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)
- .:Wasabi Flax & Chia Seed Crackers:. (upliftedvibrations.com)
- 6 Types of Seeds to Add to Your Diet (self.com)
- bread, glorious bread! (raw) (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)
- savory raw bread (!!!) (thebearandtheblackberry.wordpress.com)