Walnut and Carrot Loaf
A delicious alternative to meat for special occasions.
6 medium carrots, grated
2 cups walnuts, soaked overnight
1 tsp garlic flakes
You can vary your seasoning according to your taste. Maybe add some fresh chilli for a bit of a kick, or make a curry version with curry spices. I like it plain and simple with a bit of garlic and parsley in.
Place everything in the food processor and process with the S-blade until well mixed. A few larger lumps is fine – it all adds to the flavour and texture.
Transfer the mixture into a silicone cake or loaf mould and place in the dehydrator on a low setting until the mixture is firm enough to turn over and remove the mould.
Dehydrate further until the loaf has reached the desired texture.
You can freeze this until you are ready to use it. I transfer mine back into the mould and wrap in greaseproof paper.
Serve with the Tomato Sauce I showed you yesterday.
- Recipe | Pumpkin and Walnut Loaf (theblend.ie)
- Vegetable and Hazelnut Loaf (ggmet.wordpress.com)
- Vanilla Scented Walnuts (annashortcakes.wordpress.com)
- Veggie-nut Loaf (karenknowler.typepad.com)
- What I shall be doing for Yule (theasatrucommunity.wordpress.com)