After all that festive merriment (admit it, you had a sherry, didn’t you?) we all need some probiotics.
Here’s what I do with mine:
New Year Cheese
2 cups cashew or macadamia nuts, soaked
1 cup finely shredded celery
water to blend
a generous handful of nutritional yeast
4 probiotic capsules (just open them up and drop the powder in.)
Blend everything together. Use as much water as you need, but try not to get the mixture too runny.
Dehydrate until the mixture is firm enough to remove the mould.
Dehydrate some more, until you can remove the non-stick sheet and place the cheese on the mesh.
Dehydrate until you have the consistency you want.
Use like regular cheese. Only this is much better for you.
Happy New Year!
salt and seasoning to taste
- Yule cookies (rhiarti.wordpress.com)
- Festivalen Av Yule (lunaticoutpost.com)
- Winter Solstice – Yule, New Beginnings (kieraworld.wordpress.com)
- Visit to Winterhaven for Hanu-yule-mas (freespiritforlife.com)
- Welcome Yule! (beckyinvt.wordpress.com)