Sweet Christmas Cashews
What could be more festive than these spicy snacks?
1 tsp Lucuma Powder
1 tsp Mixed Spice Powder *
3 cups Cashew Nuts, soaked
1 dsp olive oil
Drain the soaked nuts into a bowl and add the olive oil.
Mix thoroughly to coat the cashews in oil.
In a separate bowl, mix the other ingredients to a thick paste.
Pour the nuts into the second bowl and stir thoroughly to coat the cashews in the sauce.
Dehydrate on a non-stick sheet until sticky, then scrape off and remove non-stick sheet to continue dehydrating until crunchy.
Messy to clean-up, but delicious and so worth it!
* Mixed Spice contains: Coriander, Cinnamon, Ginger, Nutmeg, Fennel, Cloves. In the US I believe this is called Pumpkin Spice. Mix your own if you need to. It tastes so Christmassy!
- Spiced Cashews (yinmomyangmom.com)
- The Elf on the Shelf May Be The Snoopiest Christmas Elf But Is Not The Only Yule Elf (newswatch.nationalgeographic.com)
- Creamy Cashew Butter (chefdavies-tight.com)
- Winter Solstice – Yule, New Beginnings (kieraworld.wordpress.com)